These creamy blood orange creamsicles are an elevated, seasonal twist on a traditional favorite filled with just the right amount of sweetness. This recipe was created in partnership with Florida Dairy Farmers. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Ever since I was a kid I’ve loved popsicles. It wasn’t until I was an adult that I tried a creamsicle for the first time. Since it’s National Creamsicle Day I wanted to put a twist on a family favorite. I came across blood oranges a while back and fell in love with them. They are the perfect flavor for a creamsicle. The sweet taste with a hint of raspberry is the perfect combination for the vanilla yogurt.
Blood Orange Creamsicles
- 1 cup blood orange juice
- Blood orange zest
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar (optional)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place the blood orange juice, blood orange zest, and yogurt into a blender.
- Pulse until completely mixed.
- Add in the sugar if you desire a little more sweetness.
- Pour the mixture into a popsicle mold.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours until popsicles are completely solid.
- Run hot water over the popsicle mold to release the popsicles.
- Serve and enjoy