Looking for a fun and creative alternative for Christmas gifts this year? These DIY Christmas ornaments are just the thing you’ve been looking for!
Christmas is one of our favorite holidays of the year! It’s filled with family, love, and great food. Once I become a Mom I realized how truly special Christmas really is. The feeling of being surrounded by loved ones during the holidays is priceless. Of course Christmas is also about gift giving but if you have a big family like us it can get quite expensive. After our first joint Christmas together we had to come up with a cost effective gift to give our loved ones.
These DIY Christmas ornaments are Tatiana and I’s absolute favorite thing to make! We love picking out which picture goes inside and wrapping them up, only to see a smile on everyone’s face when they see what’s inside. Every year we switch it up with a new photo of our family and a fun Christmas phrase. All of the supplies cost less than $5. They’re super simple to make and making these ornaments together is one of our Christmas traditions.
DIY Christmas Ornaments
Supplies (affiliate links):
- Clear ornaments (we usually get ours from Walmart for $0.97)
- Ribbon (red satin or Merry Christmas embroidered)
- Permanent marker (ultra fine print, color of your choice)
- Wallet size picture of your choice
- Epsom salt (if you don’t have epsom salt, you can use confetti or an alternative for snow)
- Gather all of your supplies.
- Insert the picture into the ornament
- Pour the epsom salt into the ornament. You can pour as little or as much as you’d like.
- Using your permanent marker, decorate the outside of the ornament
What do you think of these DIY Christmas ornaments? Will your family be trying these for Christmas?