I’m obsessed with cheesecake. It’s my favorite dessert. We would always have it for the holidays or special occasions as a kid but I could never perfect the recipe as an adult until now.
The secret ingredient? Sour cream.
I couldn’t believe it either. All these years I’ve been trying to perfect my recipe and all I was missing was some silly sour cream. Once I figured it out, I was able to perfect my recipe and make these amazing strawberry cheesecake bites which no one else in my house will eat because I’m the only person who likes cheesecake (insert side eye here).
I always make them in small batches of 12 or 24 because I can indulge in them for dessert or a mid day sweet treat. I hope you enjoy my recipe!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a cupcake pan with paper liners of choice.
- Beat cream cheese in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Add in sugar, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla until combined. Don't forget to scrape the sides of the bowl 😉
- Add 1-2 tbsp of cheesecake to lined cupcake pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheesecakes are set. Do not allow the cheesecakes to crack. If they crack, they are overcooked.
- Take out of the oven to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Serve cold with your favorite toppings.