DIY abstract art that cost less than $20 with a tutorial that anyone can replicate. If you’re looking for the perfect piece for your home look no further.
By now you guys know how in love I am with home decorating. Thinking of design concepts, sourcing products and creating home DIYs make my heart go pitter pat. When we first moved into our new home I had a really clear vision of what I wanted our guest bathroom to look like. These abstract art canvases were a huge part of that design and everything else was designed around it.
I saw similar abstract art while shopping at Target but the $60 price tag was a huge turn off. So instead I put my creative hat on and figured out how to make easy DIY abstract art on my own. I made these canvases for less than $20 and with less than a handful of supplies.
Easy DIY Abstract Art
- Art canvas (I used a 12″x12″)
- Black acrylic paint (or color of choice)
- Deep gold acrylic ink (buy it here or here)
- 1″ flat wash paint brush
- Place your canvases on a flat surface
- Dip your brush into the acrylic paint and create a design of your choice.
- Once the acrylic paint is dry, splatter the gold acrylic ink onto the canvas using the dropper.
- After the paint is dry, hang your artwork on display.
This is literally the easiest DIY I’ve ever made and it was so much fun. Like I said earlier, these canvases live in our guest bathroom. Everyone who’s seen them have loved them. The texture is amazing and it’s honestly just a classic design. What I love the most is that it’s cost effective and didn’t break the bank. Could you see yourself making your own DIY abstract art?