This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions tite mine alone. #SeventhGenerationFemCare #CollectiveBias
I’m a firm believer in having a consistent self care routine whether you’re a stay-at-home mom or working mom who’s always on the go. For years, I didn’t put myself first and take my self care routine seriously and I suffered from it. After losing Tristan, my self care routine went completely on the back burner. I’m slowly getting back into the swing of things and decided to create a self care travel kit to share with you along with some tips for putting one together. Your kit can be as simple or as elaborate as you’d like but the key is to making sure that you have everything that you need to de-stress while traveling.
Packing Tips for Your Self Care Travel Kit
Step One: Choose a container
The first step to creating your self care travel kit is to choose a container that’s going to best fit all of your essential items. I chose a medium sized makeup bag for my self care travel kit. I like to keep two kits on hand at all times. I keep one with my travel bags so that I can grab it if I’m packing for a trip. I keep it stocked so that I don’t have to worry about stocking it before a trip. When you’re choosing your container, make sure that it’s something that will fit into your carry-on or weekend bag so that it’s easily accessible.
Step Two: Decide on your essentials
This is the fun part! Choosing the essentials for your self care kit can be so much fun. You’ll want to pick all of your favorite things. Think of things that relax you or things that you enjoy but also remember the staple items like body wipes and feminine care products. It’s best to stick to small or travel sized items so no matter where you’re traveling you won’t have an issue getting through security with your things. Self care is all about feeling relaxed and refreshed so stick to items that help you achieve those feelings.
Step Three: Select a good storage place
Remember this kit is for traveling so that you can keep up with your self care routine on the go so you want to keep it in a place that you’ll remember.
16 Essentials for Your Self Care Travel Kit
1.Roll-on perfume: Roll-on perfumes are the perfect size for traveling and you don’t have to worry about awkwardly spraying on your perfume in case you need a little sprucing up in public.
2. Body wipes: Let’s face it, we’ve all been traveling at least once where we desperately needed a shower but there was nowhere to be found. There’s nothing worse than being stuck on an 18-hour flight with no layover and no shower. Body wipes come in handy for a little refresher just when you need it.
3. Face/Eye masks: As a busy mama, the only time that I get to use a face or an eye mask is when I’m traveling or Tatiana is visiting her grandparents for the weekend. I tried my first face mask a couple years ago and it was a total game changer. I felt like that was the only thing I needed in my self care routine until I discovered the glory of eye masks. Do yourself a favor and throw a couple of these into your self care travel kit and thank me later.
4. Nail Polish: Nail polish is a handy essential that not a lot of people take advantage of. Have you ever been in your hotel room alone and wanted something else to do besides flipping through the channels? Painting my nails is always a quick pick me up that I can count on during those lonely travel nights.
5. Hair ties
6. Feminine care products: I always have feminine care products in my travel kit no matter what. I’m currently loving the new Seventh Generation Comfort Applicator Tampons from Target. I also pack their Free & Clear fragrance-free Ultra-Thin Pads with Wings and Free & Clear Pantiliners in my kit too because a girl has to have options. They’re perfect for my self care kit because they don’t have any fragrances. P.S. Don’t forget to check Cartwheel for money saving offers
8. Journal: I have a million journals that I love writing in. Journaling is a great way to release any thoughts that are on your mind and can be a great way to relax. You can also use your journal to write positive affirmations or practice daily gratitude exercises.
9. Water tumbler: A major part of self care is taking care of your body. Add a water tumbler into your self care travel kit to ensure that you’re drinking enough water everyday to keep your skin healthy.
10. Vitamins: Vitamins are essential to any self care routine. They help keep your body going.
11. Bath bombs: Bath bombs are the perfect solution for when you need to relax.
12. Makeup wipes: Sometimes you’re so tired at the end of the day that you need something quick to remove your makeup. Makeup wipes are the perfect solution and with a few quick swipes, can get you into bed quicker.
13. Headphones: Of course you need headphones to listen to your playlist or favorite meditation apps. They come in handy if you’re watching funny videos like this one on YouTube too.
14. Meditation apps: Guided meditations are known to help calm and relax you. If you’re nervous about traveling, give a meditation app a try to take your mind off of it.
15. Soothing music playlist: Music can be soothing and help you relax. Create a playlist of your favorite songs that you can take when you’re on the road.
16. Dry shampoo: Dry shampoo is like the holy grail of hair products for any woman who is constantly traveling. I don’t know about you but I do not have time to wash my hair all the time when I’m traveling. With a couple sprays of dry shampoo, I feel instantly refreshed and I’m relieved in knowing that I can have a few more days before having to wash my hair.
Do you have a self care travel kit? If you do, what are some of the essential items you put in there? If you don’t hopefully this list of essentials and packing tips can help you get started on making one.