With a handful of supplies and 30 minutes to spare you can make these super fashionable and fun DIY lip print shoes for Valentine’s Day with your Cricut Maker. This post contains affiliate links where I may earn a commission for links clicked and purchases made.
Okay, so Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. It’s a holiday that I typically love to celebrate with my kids. I saw Damask Love create these super cute lip print shoes so I wanted to recreate a mommy and me version with pink satin laces to match. They’re honestly my favorite shoes now that I’ll probably wear all year round.
DIY Lip Print Shoes
- White canvas shoes
- Pink or red satin shoe laces
- Lip print everyday iron-on vinyl cutouts (red and blush)
- Cricut Maker or Air Explore 2
- Green Standard Grip Mat
- Cricut MiniPress
Creating and cutting your design
- Open up the design in Cricut Design Space here.
- Place your iron-on vinyl SHINY SIDE DOWN onto the green standard grip mat.
- Set your machine settings to cut the iron-on vinyl. (If using the Air Explore 2, use the cardstock setting. This will allow the blade to cut through the vinyl to avoid having to trim any additional vinyl off the edges. If using the Cricut Maker, simply choose the ‘MORE’ setting from the dropdown box after selecting iron-on vinyl as your material.)
- Cut out the lip print shapes.
making Your Design
- Preheat your MiniPress to the second heat setting.
- While your MiniPress is preheating, position the lip prints onto the sneakers. (I like to secure them with heat resistant tape but that’s totally optional.)
- Once your MiniPress is ready to go (light will turn green) rub the MiniPress over the prints for about 35 seconds.
- Allow the prints to cool completely before peeling.
- Once the prints are completely cooled, peel back the transfer tape.