This spring makeup tutorial shop has been compensated by Schwarzkopf. #FashionColorExpert #sponsored
Spring Makeup Tutorial
Spring is here which means it’s time for another touch up. The last time I was shopping in Walmart, I grabbed a box of Schwarzkopf Color Ultime in the shade 4.1 Rich Brown from the beauty aisle. Not only is this dye easy for me to use at home but it makes my hair feel shiny and luxurious without having to pay the salon price.
Doing my hair is something that I love but doing my makeup is something that I love even more. As a mom, sometimes it’s hard to make time to do my makeup every day. I realized that I needed to simplify my makeup routine. When I simplified my routine and started using only a few select products things got so much easier for me. Today, I’m going to share my Spring makeup routine with you.
Tips for Achieving the Perfect Spring Look
1. Start with your hair first
Lately I’ve been going for an ombre look with my hair. I dyed it a couple of months back using the Schwarzkopf Color Ultime in Cinnamon Brown but once my roots started to grow out I was loving the ombre look that it was giving. My natural curls look so amazing like that! One of the reasons I opt for Color Ultime is because it makes my hair feel luxurious and look so shiny. Choosing a hair color that compliments your skin tone and the makeup looks that you’ll be wearing for the season is important.
2. Make sure you’re starting with a clean slate
Before even starting your makeup routine, make sure to clean your face. You don’t want any pesky oils or dirt under your makeup. Using face wipes of a cleanser, cleanse your face. Once you’ve completed the cleanse, follow up with a moisturizer that is right for your skin. If you have oily skin stick to something water based. For dry skin, opt for something oil or cream based.
3.Pick a signature look.
Overall, I tend to stick to the same brand of foundation, shade of highlighter and blush. It’s so much easier for me to get my makeup done that way. When I stick to using the same products I know that I’m not going to break out or end up not liking the end result. When you’re choosing a blush that is perfect for Spring, consider pinks or nudes. These shades will blend perfectly with any lip color you choose.
4. Finish it off with a pop of color or neutral lip.
After you’ve decided on your signature look, it’s time to pick your lip color. I love pinks, oranges, and nudes for the spring. There are so many colors to choose from. Pick 4 or 5 that you’ll rotate throughout the season to keep things easier so that you can get out of the door faster.
Follow these step-by-step instructions for your next color touch up
1.Put on the gloves included in the kit.
2. Open the Color Cream Tube and squeeze the contents into the Application Bottle. Close the Application Bottle tightly and shake to mix the contents.
3. Divide your hair into workable sections.
4. Apply the color to the desired area.
- For step 3, I don’t go all the way to the root because I love the look that my natural hair and the brown color make when my roots grow out. You can use this method too or you can apply the color to your entire head.
- If you’re only applying for regrowth, apply the mixture to the regrowth area. Then massage the color into the roots.
5. Allow the color mixture to work on your roots for 20-25 minutes.
6. Apply the rest of the mixture to your remaining hair and let sit for 5-10 more minutes. Wash the mixture out with warm water and work into a lather. Rinse the mixture out thoroughly until the water runs clear.
8. Shampoo your hair and rinse out thoroughly.
9. Once the mixture is rinsed out and you have shampooed your hair, massage the Intense Care Elixir into your towel dry hair. Leave the elixir on for 2 minutes and rinse.
Things You’ll Need for Your Makeup Routine
- Face cleanser
My Finished Spring Makeup Look
Let me know your thoughts below about this Spring makeup tutorial? Do you have a signature makeup look that you wear all season long?