This holiday hairstyles tutorial has been compensated by Schwarzkopf.
You guys might remember but in the beginning of the summer I made the switch from black to brown using Schwarzkopf Color Ultime. I’m loving my new hair but it’s fall now and it’s time for a refresh. The last time I was shopping in Walmart, I grabbed a box of Schwarzkopf Color Ultime in the shade 4.1 Rich Brown from the beauty aisle. Not only is this dye easy for me to use at home but it makes my hair feel shiny and luxurious without having to pay the salon price.
Follow these step-by-step instructions for your next color touch up:
1.Put on the gloves included in the kit.
2. Open the Color Cream Tube and squeeze the contents into the Application Bottle. Close the Application Bottle tightly and shake to mix the contents.
3. Divide your hair into workable sections.
4. Apply the color to the desired area.
- For step 3, I don’t go all the way to the root because I love the look that my natural hair and the brown color make when my roots grow out. You can use this method too or you can apply the color to your entire head.
- If you’re only applying for regrowth, apply the mixture to the regrowth area. Then massage the color into the roots.
5. Allow the color mixture to work on your roots for 20-25 minutes.
6. Apply the rest of the mixture to your remaining hair and let sit for 5-10 more minutes.
7. Wash the mixture out with warm water and work into a lather. Rinse the mixture out thoroughly until the water runs clear.
8. Shampoo your hair and rinse out thoroughly.
9. Once the mixture is rinsed out and you have shampooed your hair, massage the Intense Care Elixir into your towel dry hair. Leave the elixir on for 2 minutes and rinse.
Once I’m finished with my touch up, I blow dry and style it for the day.With the holidays coming up, I wanted to create 3 quick and easy holiday hairstyles that anyone can do under 15 minutes. These looks don’t take a lot of effort and you can wear them with anything.
Holiday Hairstyles under 15 Minutes
1. Braided Half-Updo
This style is one of my favorites because I love wearing my hair down but I don’t always like it in my face. I simply divided my hair, braided the midsection, then finished it out with a mini bun in the back.
2. Braided Pony
Sometimes a pony is just the way to go. I would wear this style when I’m wearing turtleneck tops or jewelry that I wanted to show off. It would compliment jeans so nicely! To achieve this look, simply pull your hair back into a ponytail and secure it with a hair tie or rubberband. If you want a fuller ponytail, you can add extra hair in too.
3. Braided Bun
This look is my go-to when my hair needs to be washed and I just can’t get it together. I throw a braid in because braids instantly step up any hairstyle and pull the rest into a bun.
What are some of your go-to holiday hairstyles? The next time you’re searching for something quick and easy give these looks a try. This simple everyday hairstyle for mamas is one of my favorites too!