This post shares my struggle of being an extroverted introvert and tips for all of the like-minded folks to get by in life.
You probably won’t believe when I tell you this, but did you know that I’m an extroverted introvert at heart. For those of you that are confused, I know.
I’m right here with you.
My whole life people have tried to label me. Anti-social, whishy washy, you name it. Sometimes I’m the life of the party and sometimes I just want to be left the hell alone.
So what’s an extroverted introvert you ask? Well, an extrovert is someone who gets all of their energy from being around people and an introvert is someone who gets all of their energy from being alone. I’m a little of both which means that I can gain energy from either being alone or being around people. Read all the truths about loving an extroverted introvert here.
I love to entertain and be around friends and family but it’s also draining. Most days I love the thought of being around people and committing to activities but sometimes when the time comes, it just ain’t happening. That’s when my introverted side kicks in.
How to Deal With Being an Extroverted Introvert
- Don’t overschedule yourself or commit to too many things. It’s okay to say no especially for us mamas because a little time to ourselves is important too.
- Always have a few go-to people that you know are ready to hang out or talk at any time if the loneliness from being an introvert starts to kick in.
- Designate an accountability person to help you keep your shit together when you commit to something.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself if you really have to cancel your plans. Sometimes life just happens.
- Be open and honest with your friends and family about your extroverted introverted tendencies so they’ll understand and won’t think that you’re just being a complete jerk.
- Be very selective about who are truly your friends. Your extroverted side can cause you to make small talk with any and everyone but every person you talk to is not going to be a long term friend. Here’s a couple of tips for finding the right tribe.
- Always have an escape plan. This one sounds bad but I have to admit that I always have a plan to leave somewhere if I don’t feel comfortable or if I just don’t want to be there.
Are you an extroverted introvert? How do you deal with it?
Top: c/o Tobi | Jeans: Marshalls | Shoes: Steinmart | Lipstick: MAC