This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScrubDots #CollectiveBias
Growing up macaroni and cheese was my thing. Every Sunday and holiday we would devour the mac and cheese that was passed around the table. Even to this day, it’s still the #1 choice at every family gathering. One of the things that always got me though was that there was never enough cheese. You know everyone likes their mac and cheese a little different. I like mine extra cheesy so when I became a mom, I tweaked our age old family recipe and made it my own.
I’m a huge germaphope so making individual dishes is the way to my heart. When I tweaked the mac and cheese recipe, I made sure that the recipe was created to serve in individual ramekins or as bites made in a muffin pan. Since the holidays are around the corner, I wanted to share my savory four cheese macaroni and cheese recipe so that you can knock everyone away with it.
- 1 lb or 2 cups elbow noodles
- 1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup gouda cheese
- 8 slices yellow or white American cheese
- 7 tbsp butter
- 2 cups Ritz crackers
Instructions for Four Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
- Boil the macaroni in a large pot to desired tenderness.
- Drain well and keep to the side.
- Add the butter, heavy whipping cream, and cheeses until the cheeses are melted.
- Mix the noodles into the cheese sauce until all of the noodles are coated.
- Dish out portion sizes into individual ramekins.
- Add the butter cracker mixture on top.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until top is crusted.
Instructions for Cracker Butter Topping
- In a saucepan, combine butter and crackers until mixed.
Although this four cheese macaroni and cheese recipe will knock everyone’s socks off, you know what everyone hates? The cleanup.
Sometimes the cheese gets so melted and stuck to the sides and it’s the hardest to get off. Luckily, the last time that I was in Target I discovered this Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Dots Dishwand that is literally a lifesaver. Normally we pick up the Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Dots Sponges or Scotch-Brite® Heavy Duty Scrub Dots Sponges for the tough jobs but this time I decided to try something new. I loved it! The handle makes it so easy to get into those tough spots and it’s the perfect size for the ramekins and muffin pans. The dots allow you to scrub faster than you’ve ever imagined to get cleanup over with quicker.
If you want to try out the amazing sponges yourself, you can use this coupon for $1 off of any two Scrub Dots items.