This easy homemade vanilla ice cream can be made in under 20 minutes with only 3 ingredients. It’s simple enough for kids to make on their own or get the whole family involved for a fun family activity.
Ice cream has always been my favorite ever since I was a kid. The first time I made ice cream from scratch was in my 10th grade chemistry class. We only used 3 ingredients but it wasn’t the best tasting ice cream so I challenged myself to make an easy homemade vanilla ice cream recipe. The recipe was so good! It didn’t require any special tools like an ice cream machine. All I needed was a mixing bowl, a whisk, and a spoon. And guess what? I still only used 3 ingredients.
If you’ve been following me for some time, you know that I love simple recipes with only a few ingredients that quick and easy to make. Between blogging full time, wife and mom duties, and having a social life, simplicity is important to me. I also love recipes that we can make as a family and this easy homemade vanilla ice cream recipe is perfect for that. Tatiana and I even made a chocolate chocolate chip no churn ice cream recipe on Facebook Live.
Easy Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
You can make this sweet treat in under 20 minutes with these 3 ingredients and simple steps.
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Gather all of your ingredients.
- Pour 2 cups heavy whipping cream into a bowl. Mix the cream with a hand or stand mixer until the cream is to a whipped cream consistency.
- Pour the entire can of sweetened condensed milk into a separate bowl.
- Add vanilla to the sweetened condensed milk. Mix the condensed milk and vanilla together.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the bowl with the condensed milk and vanilla.
- Mix all three ingredients together using a spoon or spatula.
- Pour the ice cream into an airtight container, similar to this one or this one.
- Freeze overnight. (If you want more of a soft serve consistency, freeze for 12-16 hours).
- Scoop and enjoy!
Not a fan of vanilla ice cream? Try our chocolate chocolate chip no churn ice cream recipe by adding 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/3 cup of chocolate chips after the first three ingredients are mixed together in step 6.