This twice baked sweet potato recipe is sponsored by Florida Dairy Farmers. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Sweet potatoes are a staple in our home. They’re healthy, tasty, and pretty much the perfect compliment to every meal. We love eating these for the holidays especially because they are easy to prepare in batches and make ahead of time. Growing up we would always eat twice baked potatoes for holidays so I wanted to put a fun twist on this traditional favorite by making twice baked sweet potatoes. This recipe is simple to make for anyone. It’s topped with homemade cinnamon whipped cream that everyone will love.
Twice Baked Sweet Potato Recipe
- 4 Medium Sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Pecan chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap each sweet potato in foil.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until tender.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and allow to cool.
- Cut each potato in half.
- Scoop out the inside of each potato and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the softened cream cheese and brown sugar to the bowl.
- Mix with a hand or stand mixer on low. Be careful not to overmix.
- Scoop the mixture into the sweet potato boats.
- Bake potatoes at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream topping and pecans.
- Combine the heavy whipping cream, cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg in a mixing bowl.
- Mix until the cream is a whipped cream consistency, about 6-7 minutes.