This southwest quinoa and egg breakfast bowl recipe post has been sponsored by Eggland’s Best. All thoughts and reviews are my own.
Lately I’ve been searching for healthy recipes for breakfast. When I heard about the Family Meals Pledge by Eggland’s Best and the American Heart Association, I knew that I wanted to give one of their recipes a try. This Southwest Quinoa and Egg Breakfast Bowl caught my eye almost immediately. It’s filled with nutrients, quick and easy to make, and so tasty!
Eggland’s Best is the #1 branded egg in the U.S. and is an excellent source of vitamins D, B12, E, B5 and riboflavin. EB eggs have six times more vitamin D, more than double the Omega-3s, 10 times more vitamin E and 25% less saturated fat than ordinary eggs.
Southwest Quinoa and Egg Breakfast Bowl
- 1/4 cup raw quinoa
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup no salt added frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro (optional)
- 4 Eggland’s Best Eggs (large)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspooon ground black pepper
- hot sauce (optional)
- Cook quinoa according to the package directions. Remove from heat and let sit.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients: pit and dice the avocado half; chop the tomatoes; rinse the canned corn; chop the scallions, and chop the cilantro.
- Divide quinoa between 4 bowls.
- Arrange the avocado, tomatoes, corn, scallions, and cilantro between each bowl.
- Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium-high heat.
- Crack each egg into the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid and cook until egg whites are set but yolk is still runny about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Use a spatula to carefully transfer each sunny-side-up egg into each bowl. Garnish with hot sauce and serve.
P.S. If you’re looking for another yummy egg breakfast dish, try this baked avocado egg recipe I created. It’s absolutely amazing and super easy to make.
Learn more about the Family Meals Pledge, Eggland’s Best, and the American Heart Association here:
- Eggland’s Best Website
- EB Health & Nutrition Information
- Eggland’s Best Facebook
- EB Twitter
- Eggland’s Best Pinterest
- EB Instagram
- Healthy For Good Facebook
- Healthy For Good Twitter
Original Recipe Here