Smart girls rule! I’m sharing tips for raising a smart girl on the blog plus Tatiana is showing off one of her favorite outfits from Carter’s.
Pink is always a staple in T’s wardrobe no matter what season it is. This Smart Girls Rule tee was perfect for an afternoon of shopping. Usually T would pick out her favorite glittery sandals to wear with a skirt or a dress, but this time I asked her to switch it up with my favorite Chucks. It adds a laid back element to the look, and let’s be honest I like when she wears sneakers because they’re super cute on her tiny feet.
Tatiana is definitely a smart girl. She’s always reading and wanting to learn more. My husband and I have been searching for ways to encourage her to keep learning. As parents we know that as kids get older, they’re sometimes less into learning and more into technology. Here’s a few tips for how we support her on her smart girl journey.
20 Tips for Raising Smart Girls
- Have open and honest conversations with her.
- Teach her about real life things.
- Show interest in her school work.
- Get outside and play.
- Expose her to different ways of life.
- Travel the world with her if possible.
- Encourage her to use her imagination.
- Let her make choices.
- Believe in her.
- Read books with her.
- Tell her that you love her.
- Limit TV time.
- Encourage her to take risks and fail.
- Make sure she gets enough sleep.
- Reinforce the idea of having a healthy lifestyle.
- Build her self-esteem by teaching her these empowering things.
- Avoid coddling her.
- Introduce her to coding and computers.
- Take her on a daddy daughter date.
- Get her involved in the kitchen. These after school meals are kid-friendly.
Do you have any tips for raising a smart girl?