Smart girls rule! One of the biggest challenges of raising a daughter is building her self esteem and reminding her how smart she is. I’m sharing a few tips for raising a smart girl.
When I found out I was having a girl, I didn’t know what in the world I was going to do. I knew immediately that she was going to be a spitting image of me, sass and all. As a kid, I loved to learn and play school. I don’t know many people who didn’t but as I got older things changed. I still liked learning about things that I was interested in but school wasn’t a passion of mine. Honestly, I think if it wasn’t for waking up early to get to class I probably wouldn’t have minded it so much.
Tatiana is definitely a smart girl. She’s always reading and wanting to learn more. My husband and I have been searching for ways to encourage her to keep learning. As parents we know that as kids get older, they’re sometimes less into learning and more into technology. Here’s a few tips for how we support her on her smart girl journey.
20 Tips for Raising Smart Girls
- Have open and honest conversations with her.
- Teach her about real life things.
- Show interest in her school work.
- Get outside and play.
- Expose her to different ways of life.
- Travel the world with her if possible.
- Encourage her to use her imagination.
- Let her make choices.
- Believe in her and set a good example.
- Read books with her.
- Show her that you love her.
- Limit TV time.
- Encourage her to take risks and fail.
- Make sure she gets enough sleep.
- Reinforce the idea of having a healthy lifestyle.
- Build her self-esteem by teaching her these empowering things.
- Avoid coddling her.
- Introduce her to coding and computers.
- Take her on a daddy daughter date.
- Get her involved in the kitchen. These after school meals are kid-friendly.