This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerIsForSavings #CollectiveBias #WFM2
Traveling is something that my family loves to do. However, I’m really strict about how we spend our money so I’m always making sure that we get the best deals when traveling and it’s important that we save money in advance for our trips. I always get questions about how we can afford to travel so much so I thought I would share a few tips.
5 Ways to Save Money and Travel More This Summer
1.Save old school in a piggy bank. I don’t know about you but my husband’s family has this weird obsession with piggy banks that I somehow inherited but had to turn it into a healthy obsession. I’m not kidding, there are family members who have at least 10 piggy banks in their houses. Crazy right? I can’t even remember how many piggy banks we were given when Tatiana was born. It was just ridiculous. I mean that’s what banks are for. Needless to say we got rid of most of them and now only have 2 in our home. One is exclusively Tatiana’s that she uses to save whatever money she gets for birthdays and holidays. The second we use for loose change that we find in the laundry, in the car or just laying around in our house. The second one is the one that we use for our travel fun. In addition to loose change, we add dollar bills in there from time to time. I’ve never like carrying cash around so anytime I have some extra cash lying around it ends up in our travel fund piggy bank.
2. Add travel into your weekly budget. I’m a stickler for budgeting so the best way for us to make sure we have money to travel is to add it into our budget. I break our family budget down monthly for staple bills like electric, water, etc and every week I adjust it to add any additional expenses. For example, if I know that we have a planned trip coming up then I make sure to save a certain amount every week for that trip.
3. Switch to Walmart Family Mobile. Walmart Family Mobile is an interesting but fun way to save. All of their plans have no contract, no activation fees, and no late fees so it makes it easy to start a plan or switch from your existing one. The $49.88 PLUS Plan is powered by T-Mobile and is a steal compared to any other plan. The plan has Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data. The amazing thing about Walmart Family Mobile is not only can I add all of our trips to the calendar but with 15GB of 4G LTE† I can snap and share photos of those precious family moments while we’re traveling. Once my 15GB of 4G LTE† runs out I don’t have to worry because then 2G* kicks in. With each plan renewal you also get a VUDU◊ movie rental credit valued at $7.00. (All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to this page or your local Walmart for current pricing.)
4. Search for savings online. Another way to save money to travel more this summer is to search for savings online. If you’re planning on flying, you can sign up for the airlines mailing list to catch all of the sales on flights. You can also visit destinations during their off peak seasons to save money on hotels.
5. Clip coupons. Clipping coupons to save on things like groceries or back to school shopping will allow you to keep the money you saved for traveling. Make sure to take advantage of your favorites stores’ rewards programs to get cash points or cash back on eligible purchases.
With our savings from switching to Walmart Family Mobile, we’ve been able to take a few trips already this summer. We’ve been to West Palm Beach, Wild Adventures, and enjoyed a few of the local attractions here in Orlando. How will you use your savings to travel more this summer?
- ◊Limited time offer. Available for lines active with the PLUS $49.88 plan only. VUDU◊ enabled device and account required for digital viewing. Customers must be 18 years or older to open a VUDU◊ account. Movie rental only available in the USA. Free movie rental provided in the form of a movie rental code to the value of a $7.00 VUDU◊ credit. Movie rental code allows for selection from available movies for rent. May not be readily redeemable on all new releases. Code will be delivered within up to 24 hours of the effective account renewal date. Must be used within 30 days of receiving code. Offer is non-transferable. Limit 1 per customer. Additional terms and conditions on VUDU’s website: http://www.vudu.com/
- †To get 4G LTE speed, you must have a 4G LTE capable device and 4G LTE SIM Card. Actual availability, coverage and speed may vary. LTE is a trademark of ETSI.
- *Please always refer to the latest terms and conditions at myfamilymobile.com.