This shop has been compensated by Schwarzkopf. #HolidayHairCare #sponsored
How cute is this monochrome mustard look?
What’s funny is that my husband and I had a whole debacle over this look and even asked our friends on Facebook to settle the debate for us. All but 1 person agreed with me. He thought that I couldn’t pull off this skirt with this chunky knit sweater but I think I pulled it off pretty nicely ?
I love fall fashion because fall colors just speak to my soul. Mustard is probably my favorite fall color. It’s a fun color that’t not too dark and looks amazing on my skin. It’s literally been my go-to lately. I picked up this mustard choker sweater and knew that I absolutely had to style a monochrome look with it. Monochrome is something that’s scary for a lot of women because they just aren’t sure if they can pull it off but it’s a trend that I love. Anyone can pull it off with a few simple tips.
The Super Easy Way to Wear Monochrome Mustard
If you’ve got a few mustard pieces in your closet that you’re thinking of trying together, keep these tips in mind.
1. Play with texture.
The look that I styled works because my top and bottom are two different textures. My chunky knit sweater compliments the smooth feel of my skirt and doesn’t clash.
2. Choose different hues of the same color.
This is super important. The last thing that you want is to walk out of your house looking like big bird in a monochrome mustard/yellow look. Pick different shades of the same color so that your top and bottom blend but not enough to look like the same piece.
3. Pick colors that compliment your skin tone.
I love wearing monochrome but an important key for me is to always choose colors that I know are going to compliment my skin tone. I probably would never do a monochrome purple look because I don’t feel like that’s the best compliment for my skin tone but all other colors are fair game.
If you’re unsure of what colors work best with your skin tone, start with the basics. Black works well for almost anyone. You could also give white, gray, or denim a try.
4. Mix old with new pieces.
We all love to save a little money, right? Dig into your closet to find pieces that may work well with newer pieces that you’ve recently added to your wardrobe. This will make creating the perfect monochrome look not only stylish but cost effective.
5. Don’t be afraid to be bold with prints.
Prints are a great way to subtly try the monochrome trend as well. If you’re not too sure about pairing a solid top and bottom together, choose a printed bottom or top instead.
6. Make sure the monochrome color compliments your hair.
You all know that I love Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color. For the holidays, I’m switching things up a bit with Red Velvet Brown since it compliments the seasonal colors and my skin tone. The steps for coloring my hair at home are simple and quick which I love because it doesn’t take time away from spending time with family for the holidays.
Keratin Color brings out confidence in every woman by gently restoring and augmenting her hair. With every purchase of Keratin Color we can also help women get a fresh start through a partnership with Dress for Success®. Dress for Success Worldwide empowers women by providing them with the tools they need to achieve economic independence. Through education and mentoring, they’re making a difference in your community and across the globe. Over one million women have been served by this international organization and its programs. This partnership empowers women looking for upward mobility to revitalize women’s hair and clothing options so they can be as successful as they look.
Follow these directions for the perfect color:
- Twist the cap and apply the pre-treatment to the dry ends of your hair.
- Carefully squeeze the entire contents of the Color Creme tube into the application bottle.
- Securely place the cap back onto the application bottle and shake vigorously until all contents are mixed together.
- Twist off the cap and start the application process.
- Thoroughly apply the mixture to each strand.
- Using your fingertips and wearing gloves, massage in the mixture. (Use a brush if you’re going for a blended look).
- Let the mixture sit on your hair for 30 minutes to develop properly.
- After 30 minutes, rinse out the mixture using warm water. Continue to lather and rinse until the water runs clear.
- Towel dry your hair then work the Keratin Care Complex Conditioner in.
Have you ever styled a monochrome mustard look before?