This post has been sponsored by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare. All thoughts and reviews are my own.
It’s cold and flu season, and our home has already been hit twice. There’s nothing in the world worse than Tatiana being sick and if there’s anything that I can do to help ease her symptoms I’m all for it. “When sick gets real” we go straight to our DIY winter cold survival kit to help ease our symptoms and to stop the germs from spreading throughout our house.
DIY Winter Cold Survival Kit Essentials
Inside a DIY winter cold survival kit you want to put all the things that could help someone get through their cold a little more comfortably. This definitely isn’t an all-inclusive list but it’s a great list of things that we’ve found work well in our home. You can make adjustments or add things that you think will work best for your child.
1. Orange juice, citrus fruits or Vitamin C
2. Stuffed animals for comfort
3. A handful of favorite movies or a good Netflix watchlist
4. Water and juice to stay hydrated
5. Chicken noodle soup
6. Tissues (lots of them)
7. Hand sanitizer
8. Children’s Robitussin® DM Day/Night Pack (Children’s Robitussin® Cough & Chest Congestion for ages 4+ and Children’s Robitussin® Nighttime Cough Long-Acting for ages 6+)**
9. Children’s Advil® Suspension* (ages 2 and up to 11)
Children’s Advil® comes in several great-tasting flavors, including: Sugar-free Dye-free Berry, Bubble Gum, Grape, Blue Raspberry, Fruit and Dye-Free White Grape flavors. There’s also Infants’ Advil® White Grape, which provides unsurpassed fever relief (among OTC pain relievers) with a syringe for easy dosing for children 6-23 months.
10. Comfortable blanket
Our friends at Pfizer Pediatrics are giving you a chance to win a few of our favorite products plus a $25 Visa gift card to create your own DIY winter cold survival kit.
Learn more about Pfizer Pediatric products: