Add a little fun to your next Valentine’s Day party with these DIY conversation heart mini pinatas. Use them as a party game or a favor for guests.
Can you feel it? Love is in the air! I love Valentine’s Day and seeing how it brings out the best in friends and family. However, I don’t typically celebrate it with my husband. Instead every year my daughter and I celebrate together. We take advantage of the day to celebrate each other and our bond. Instead of Valentine’s Day, we have Galentine’s Day.
This year we decided to do something super fun and host a mommy and me Galentine’s Day party with our closest family and friends. Our party would be filled with fun activities, yummy brunch, lots of laughter and of course a sweet treat to end the day.
Rather than gifting our guests with the HERSHEY® KISSES in an old fashioned gift bag, we came up with DIY conversation heart mini pinatas. The heart piñatas would double as a table setting and super fun party favor.
DIY Conversation Heart Mini Pinatas
Creating the conversation heart mini piñatas is super simple. All you need is a few supplies and of course, the delicious chocolates for the piñata filling. Walmart is my one-stop shop for everything I need this Valentine’s Day!
- One 9×12 sheet of felt per piñata (color of choice is yours! – I recommend coordinating with your party color scheme)
- Hot glue gun
- Letter stickers (you can also use felt to cut out the letters of choice)
- Heart shaped cardboard box
- Twine or ribbon
- Cut the felt into twelve 1 inch wide strips.
- Cut small notches into each strip about ¾ of the way to the top.
- Starting from the bottom of the front side of the heart, use your glue gun to glue each strip of felt to the heart.
- Trim the excess felt, as needed.
- Once the front side is complete, begin on the sides.
- Repeat steps 3-4 until each side is complete.
- Place fun heartfelt phrases on the front of the piñatas. (Some examples are XOXO,KISSES, Hugs, Love You, etc.)
- Cut a hole into the top of the heart.
- Tie a knot into the twine so that the piñata can be hung.
Once your conversation heart piñata is complete, it’s time to set the table for your party using the piñatas as an accent for each table setting or you can simply hang the piñatas as a decoration that your guests can grab on their way out as a party favor.
There are so many ways you can use the mini pinatas to add a little flair to your Galentine’s Day party.
Not throwing a party this year? These can also make great gifts and care packages for loved ones. Simply fill them with a few goodies and send them off for shipping. A small care package goes a long way to say ‘I love you’.