Last weekend we had the opportunity to attend a fun kids cooking event at Macy’s where Chopped Chef Marcus Samuelsson. Tatiana was lucky enough to go up on stage with the chef and help him make lamb meatballs. I’ve never even considered making meatballs with lamb but all of the kids at the event loved the meatballs. After the meatballs were done, Chef Samuelsson shared a few secret fried chicken cooking tips.
If you’re family loves cooking fried chicken like mine does then these fried chicken cooking tips are for you.
- Cook the fried chicken with the bone in. Chicken with the bone in is the juiciest.
- Marinate the chicken in buttermilk or yogurt to prevent the flour from sticking.
- Fry the chicken twice. Fry it once for 8 minutes, then remove and fry again.
- Use a mixture of all purpose flour and cornstarch.
- Season the chicken after it’s fried.
Do you use any of these fried chicken cooking tips already? The only one that I use every time is number four.